As an integral project manager you are responsible for highly innovative complex challenging projects in a high-end precision environment (Semi-con, Solar, Medical). You are end to end responsible from project initiation until volume production of complex mechatronic systems and modules.
You manage these projects with a (large) multidisciplinary team of highly skilled, mainly technical experts, that’s why we expect you to have mechatronic expertise as well as professional project management skills.
You are responsible for:
- The delivery of innovative mechatronic systems from development until manufacturing and customer acceptance;
- Delivering within boundaries as agreed in project assignment (time, quality, budget and scope);
- Leading the team on technical aspects in close cooperation with a System Architect assuring decision taking in the technical domain;
- Monitoring and control project progress including supply chain and manufacturing activities;
- Managing stakeholders: external customers as well as internal stakeholders at various managerial levels and functional domain (T&D, business, manufacturing and others);
- Managing external partners and component suppliers;
- Applying the project management and development processes of the organization;
- Contribute to the continuous development of the project management competency of the department.
- A degree in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Physics or related;
- Academic working and thinking level;
- Professional project management skills, preferably certified (PMI, PRINCE2, IPMA);
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience as a project leader in a high-end environment, leading multidisciplinary development team(s);
- You have knowledge of Design for Excellence;
- Successful track record within equipment development projects;
- You are a team builder and able to inspire, motivate and convince people;
- You are pro-active, analytical, creative person with a “can do” mentality;
- Good communication skills verbal and written in English and Dutch;
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad for a couple of weeks – few times per year.