Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Client is a strong growing organisation specialised in the development and production of innovative, sustainable and high quality electronic products. Driven by technology, they strive for the best solution, combining their knowledge of electronics, mechanics and software development. Every day, their people work together on new developments in the fields of Internet of Things, Power Conversion and Sensing & Actuating. They distinguish themselves through a high degree of automation, vertical integration and technology development. At Client, people have the opportunity to work with a wide range of high-quality technological products that find their application in many different market segments.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Manufacturing Engineer is part of the Production and Process Engineering team. Through developing and maintaining manufacturing processes, workflows and equipment, this team enables the Operations department to achieve its goals and satisfy customer’s needs. Besides that, the team is working on the “factory of the future” by continuously improving processes, automating manual operations and by extending capabilities with innovative new processes. As a Manufacturing Engineer you are responsible for transferring new products to the factory for (mass)production, by developing efficient manufacturing processes, taking into account all possible risks. This is achieved through good cooperation with the product development team and other stakeholders in the organization. In particular, you will focus on processes related to the assembly of complex systems and modules with electronics.
More specifically, your day-to-day activities could roughly be divided into:
New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Participate in DfX sessions during product development phase
- Design the work stream process based on product and business requirements (Electronics, Cable & wiring, Injection molding, System Assembly)
- Responsible for the realization of processes through deliverables such as PFMEA, Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Coordinate the transfer of tooling and (functional) test systems to production
- Validate manufacturing process at the different stages of industrialization; from prototype phase up till start of (mass)production
- Provide feedback to the product development team during the different stages of industrialization to keep product and process aligned
- Training people on product / process knowledge and practical usage
- 1st line technical support for assigned product and processes
- Pro-actively assist in solving product non-conformities in relation with the process
- Maintain and keep product dossier up-to-date; manage changes to product and process
Contribute to continuous improvement
- Initiate improvement (Lean / SixSigma)
- Assist Process and Production Systems Engineering during improvement projects
- At least a Bachelor degree;
- 8+ years of relevant working experience;
- Knowledge of processes and systems in a high-tech production environment;
- Knowledge of methodologies such as FMEA, MSA, SPC, 8D and Lean / Sig Sigma;
- Knowledge of Electronics Manufacturing is considered a plus;
- Able to communicate towards both management- and production floor level;
- A proactive, accurate and structured working style;
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
- Please be advised, we can only consider candidates that are already based in the Netherlands. We can not offer relocation support or work permit sponsorship for candidates with current domicile abroad for this specific job.